An April Morning
Oil on canvas mounted on board
Courtesy of the Jack Mason Museum of West Marin History, John and Margaret Fall bequest.
This site is about a mile north of the town of Inverness, on the east side of Tomales Bay near Inverness. The marsh was filled in during the 1950s, and today it is the site of the Tomales Bay Resort. Facing southeast, the dirt county road, now Sir Francis Drake, is on the right. Beyond the bluff of Point Julia, Rasmusssen’s boathouse and the Inverness Yacht club (built in 1912) can be seen. In the far distance are the hills around Point Reyes Station and Olema.