Bolinas School students grades 1 - 4
Education for children was a priority in the Bolinas area since the 1850s. The original Bolinas school was at Dogtown. The first iteration of a school on the current site of the Bolinas-Stinson Union School opened in 1867. In this 1940 group, many of the children grew up on local dairy ranches or their parents worked for the local RCA transmission station.